Nope, I was counting down to the first day back to school. And that, my friends, happened today. Thank God.
Don't get me wrong -- I love my Little Miss and I loved having her home with me during the holidays -- but with things rapidly ramping up to a state of insanity in the weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas and then with the Little Miss home for two weeks straight, I have gotten NOTHING done. That includes no blogging, no reading blogs, no comments, nothing.
So, I wanted to let you know that I'm back... and I'm ready to start sharing all the stories from the past few weeks. And let me tell you -- there have been plenty.
- We went through our annual IEP process and got it signed and turned in the last day before Christmas break.
- We fought the good fight (and lost) with trying to get Little Miss's tuition at BIIO covered by the district.
- We made soy/dairy-free sugar cookies and close to 20 teacher/therapist gifts in the weeks leading up to Christmas.
- We had a happy little holiday and Little Miss got her very own doll house from Santa.
- I got a bloody lip from an overwhelmed Little Miss in Costco the day after the Christmas blizzard.
- We spent the first day of 2013 in the ER after Little Miss had three seizures in under 8 hours (she's fine now, by the way).
As I get back into the swing of things, I'll try to bring you all the stories. In the mean time -- happy new year and HAPPY BACK TO SCHOOL!